I saw this 2020 Retrospective that inspired me to start doing it.
Early December, I was planning to start going through some photos to make a “Photos of 2020” but with COVID-19, many of these are just family photos of private moments that I do not wish to share with the world.
With the new year and the hopes of it being a better one, perhaps there will be enough material for a “Photos of 2021” to be made.
- M. first birthday. He is growing so fast!
- Started to tell family and some close friends that we are moving to Poland soon.
- Anxious about work permit being issued
- Getting all travel documentation in place.
- Starting to worry about a disease that was starting to spread outside Asia.
- Visited Curitiba, Brazil to get visas to Poland
- Packed all our stuff into 4 giant suitcases plus some carry-ons and backpacks.
- Got travel canceled due to COVID-19 🥺
- Started new job working remotely. 🙏
- Begin with Polish lessons.
- Only leaving the house to get groceries.
- Still working remotely.
- More travel canceled.
- Finally able to book a flight to Germany and will get to Poland by road.
- After 14 days of quarantine, we are able to get to know the city a bit.
- Met with an old friend and his wife and they are super welcoming to us!
- Got an apartment really close to the office.
- Still working from home, cases of COVID-19 are really low in our area.
- We manage to enjoy summer by going to the beach almost every weekend
- Lost a loved member of the family. 😢
- Did some BBQ in a park. Our first out of Brazil.
- Celebrated J. birthday with friends.
- Still working from home, with no signs of ever going back to the office.
- Last BBQ of the season as temperatures started to get low.
- Celebrated my birthday with family and friends.
- Applied for an EU drivers license.
- Second wave of COVID-19 gets Poland. We are not leaving the house much again.
- Started to get cold weather that I had never had in Brazil.
- Nights are getting longer and longer. Missing the sunlight. Several days are super cloudy.
Lots of firsts:
- First time getting 7 hours of sunlight per day. It’s nuts!
- First time seeing snow! It’s amazing!
- First Christmas away from our parents.
- First Lockdown